Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Introduction to Pyromania

My name is Sam Davis and I should come right out and say that I'm in fact a lantern, a servant of the fear of fire known as Kasai.

Fears are powerful beings representing the fears of humanity and are in fact literal personifications of them.

I however was never foced into this position, I volunteered to become a lantern.

Why?

Truth be told, ever since I first encountered Kasai I've been quite taken with her. She is so beautiful that I couldn't help but fall in love with her. I'm not sure she is aware of my attraction of her as we we don't talk that often. Only elite lanterns are allowed to talk to her.

I mean, it's not unheard of a human or servant falling in love with a fear. I know of a few dolls & scions whose story is similar to mine in that regard.

I've seen Kasai only 4 times but the image of her is burned into my memory. Her long red kimon, her red hair & golden headdress make her rather aesthetically pleasing and memorable.

Anyway, right now I'm on a mission handed down to me by one of the elites. I'm supposed to steal a book from the archive. While not all that active in the game, Kasai likes the fears and world at large from a curious standpoint. She has a fiery passion for knowledge about how this world works.

I asked my friend Iba to help out in my quest for the book. She's a metronome, a servant of the pendulum, fear of time. I figured her ability to bend time might come in handy, although what we are doing is quite risky.

Not just because of us stealing from the archive, but also because the metronomes aren't really liked by Kasai so me affiliating myself with one might anger her and trust me you do not want to anger Kasai.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment